Re: Quick quiz: Name that locomotive!

In article <914nt2$v6m$1@bugstomper.ihug.com.au>,
  "Wilco" <Wilco_@NOSPAMhotmail.com> wrote:
> Could possibly be the Tassie V class? 1 Operating as D21 on Puffing
Billy, I
> know that there is 1 also in operation at Zig Zag. Where else is
there 1 in
> operation?

Well done. Congratulations.

The V and VA class Vulcan/Drewry and later TGR-built locos can still be
found operating on PBR, ZZR, also on the Queenscliff-Drysdale line in
Vic and the Hotham Valley Railway in WA.  Non-govt operators included
Mt Lyell Mining and Railway Co, the Emu Bay Railway and I think - pls
correct me - the State Electricity Commission in WA.

Although considered a shunter, I think as a kid I once saw an example
hauling the Tasman Limited (and I have seen that documented elsewhere).

Regards... James

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.