Re: Quick quiz: Name that locomotive!

In article <913i0k$iu1$1@ariel.ucs.unimelb.edu.au>,
  "Stuart Thyer" <s.thyer@anatomy.unimelb.edu.au> wrote:

> ----------
> In article <9120ge$o9i$1@nnrp1.deja.com>, james_shugg@my-deja.com
wrote:

> I'd guess the DH class, or whatever else it may be known as around the
> traps. Although DH actually signifies Diesel Hydraulic I'm fairly
sure this
> is the class definition, at least outside QLD. I know they are all
over the
> sugar system, the 3' Yallourn briquette railway has/had them, isn't
there a
> unit being used by CRT or similar painted a rather dubious blue in
NSW?

> Stuart Thyer
> Photographer
> University of Melbourne

Getting closer.  In one state even today - actually yours, Mr Thyer -
an example of the loco class I am talking about operates alongside one
of the Walkers units you mention. But the loco class/type I am talking
about predates the Walkers units by 15 years.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.