[VIC] New Swanston Timetables

Has anyone done an analysis of the new timetables introduced across the
southern Swanston tram routes last Sunday?

A cursory glance at my local routes (3 & 78) shows:

* The 3 now runs a 12-minute off-peak rather than the 15-minute it used to.
This is just bringing it back to how it was 10 years ago. I'm assuming
they've done the same to the 67, 64 & 5, which were cut back at the same
time.

* The 78 now only runs a 15-minute peak frequency, rather than the 12-minute
it used to have. All the posters on the trams make grand apologies about the
16 & 69 having their peak frequencies reduced (from 10 to 12, I believe) due
to the lack of Ws, but no mention of this extremely inconvenient cutback to
the 78. (A 15-minute "peak" frequency is worse than the off-peak). However,
the number of trams on the line per day hasn't changed, so there must be
some improvement somewhere else.

The on-line timetables _still_ haven't been posted, two days after the
event. This is inexcusable.

Also spotted yesterday, a B-class in Carlisle St running the 69. The
Swanston web site mentions this, but it is a strange sight.

Best regards,

Mike Alexander
(malex @ bigfoot com)