Re: Wodonga gets boost in railway move deal

"Rod[comtrain]" wrote:

> lot of Crapp!   (the Councillor causing all this shit)
> Liberals and Country party are ganging up against Labour in a seat that
> could go to Labour as did Benalla
> The State has given them $14million [ALP]and the Feds $22million [Lib]
> Save our trains have also published figures that prove the earth works and
> the Overpass' required would eat up all of $57 millions,

Yeah lets spend $57 million to create an 40 Kph curve and let Anderson and
Crapp send their  trains at 115kph around the new track curves, because they
stated by removing the rail line and bypassing Wodonga they would be able to
speed the trains up on the new alignment as a forerunner to the Melb Brisbane
link Somehow I think they will have to factor a new bridge over the Murray in
to it as well.
All this to free up an  area for a few large stores  that could be easily built
else where in the area (on the internal freeway reservation at North Albury is
a perfectly good site or let them fill in the flood plains to build)

Davo