Re: Drivers and guards to be sacked.

"Michael Kurkowski" <usenet.spam@gunzel.net> wrote in message
> Tezza <tezza2000@dingoblue.net.au> wrote in article

> >> Every paying passenger that you haul around in your train is a client.
>
> >Again, Drivers don't deal with them.
>
> Wrong. Of course they do.

Wrong. Of course they don't.

> A driver does indirectly deal with his client.

Wrong.

> If
> he runs the train late, the client runs late.

That's not "dealing" with them (and Drivers don't run their trains late :-)

> If he smashes the train, he's
> just harmed a few clients.

That's still not "dealing" with them.

>Just because the driver doesn't speak face to
> face with the client, he does deal with the client.

Wrong again.

>As for the uniform, the
> client, despite the small window sees the driver.

Usually not and they're quite big windows - covered by blinds. Most
passengers do not see the Driver.

> Each time the driver is
> out of his cab, the client sees the driver.

Some may and most of them couldn't tell the difference between a Driver a
guard and an SA.

>Cityrail are trying to create a
> good impression for their customers - albeit, due to management, it's
being
> done wrong.

I'll give you that one.

> I am quite sure, if drivers got to wear what they wanted, passengers would
> react much differently. "Look at that slob".

Amazing then how it didn't happen before the uniform came in 3 months ago -
back when Drivers could wear what they liked.

> uniform is exactly that,
> "uniform" derived from "one form". Thus making the staff look more
> organised (than they really are - thanks management).

It's just so anal bosses can get their kicks. Probablly wanted to be firemen
were they were kids. It's just window dressing to try to fool the public
that they're doing something when they're realling slashing and burning. If
they get Drivers into uniforms that look like station staff, that's who
people will thgink they are - and they do.

>If you are not proud
> of who you work for, you should really take a good long think about it,
and
> find an organisation that you will be proud of working for.

Only an idiot would leave a job they liked because a moron was in charge.

> If you would be
> proud of who you are working for if you had to work under better
> conditions, you have a union, use it

Can't, the Masons (management) and the Labor Party are still using it. The
worker barley gets a look-in.

- chances are, if you are not happy,
> other people won't be either.

Who says I'm not happy   :-)))