Re: Drivers and guards to be sacked.

<signal_spotter@my-deja.com> wrote in message news:8o1gg5
> In article <39A3F532.CE7B4B28@ozemail.com.au>,
>   trainman@ozemail.com.au wrote:
> > If I was an employer, I would not require anyone in my business to
> wear a tie.
> > In Fred's case, I would try to find out why he doesn't want to wear
> his uniform as required, and take his feelings into consideration.
Perhaps he is
> allergic to the material.

> David, you work for the government. You can have this slap happy
> attitude when you work for the government. I know, I worked for State
> Rail for 16 years. Crimey, when I was an apprentice we used to go to
> the pub most afternoons and our boss would ring the pub whenever a loco
> came in to renew.

Train crews don't go to the pub.

 When I was at ACDEP, I used to catnap in the Indian
> Pacific cars. And we nearly went out on strike when management
> threatened to take away our table tennis tables at the workshop.

Train crews don't have table tennis tables - we're lucky if we've got enough
chairs and tables to have lunch.

> However try having a slap happy attitude working for a private company.
> Our company has a dress code and we stick to it because we want to and
> because we're proud of what we do.

So are most train crews, despite managements efforts.

> In the office it's smart casual ie
> polo shirt, trousers etc

Sounds like a good idea for Drivers.

. When we deal with clients it's business shirt
> and tie.

Drivers don't deal with clients.

>Now I could say to the boss, no I don't want to wear a tie, I
> want to look like a slob at a meeting but that will not only tarnish
> the company's image but personally mine as well.

Drivers don't have meetings.