Re: Drivers and guards to be sacked.

Tezza <tezza2000@dingoblue.net.au> wrote in article
<39a51dcf$0$760$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au>:

>>> Drivers don't deal with clients.

>> Every paying passenger that you haul around in your train is a client.

>Again, Drivers don't deal with them.

Wrong. Of course they do. A driver does indirectly deal with his client. If
he runs the train late, the client runs late. If he smashes the train, he's
just harmed a few clients. Just because the driver doesn't speak face to
face with the client, he does deal with the client. As for the uniform, the
client, despite the small window sees the driver. Each time the driver is
out of his cab, the client sees the driver. Cityrail are trying to create a
good impression for their customers - albeit, due to management, it's being
done wrong.

I am quite sure, if drivers got to wear what they wanted, passengers would
react much differently. "Look at that slob". A uniform is exactly that,
"uniform" derived from "one form". Thus making the staff look more
organised (than they really are - thanks management). If you are not proud
of who you work for, you should really take a good long think about it, and
find an organisation that you will be proud of working for. If you would be
proud of who you are working for if you had to work under better
conditions, you have a union, use it - chances are, if you are not happy,
other people won't be either.

MK