Re: Guard announcements

Craig

>From Strathfield, the stations are Homebush (u won't stop there), then Flemo
(maybe), skirt the outside of Flemo yard (no stop, shock horror) then
Olympic Park (long stop here while guard makes two dwell movements without u
moving...........

8)

Qualified for the Airport Line or Olympic Park yet?

--
Eric
http://www.erk.au.com

C. Dewick <craigd@lios.apana.org.au> wrote in message
8egf00$k5i$1@jedi.apana.org.au">news:8egf00$k5i$1@jedi.apana.org.au...
| "Hubert Lam" <hubert@imap4.com> writes:
|
| >and also many misinformed guards too, don't know the stations on the line
they're travelling!

| If you have been through an extremely short training program, then been
with
| a trainer guard for the minimum time, would you off the top of your head
the
| order of stations on every line in the Sydney metropolitan area? 8-)
|
| I've been on the trains for over 10 years, and there are still some lines
in
| the metrop where I can't tell you exactly what the station order is
because
| I almost never work trains over them.
|
| >had a rather dopey guard today, could tell by her accent that she could
| >have arrived australia only a short while ago (i.e. new arrival). train
| >travelling down main north, and after thornleigh she yelled "hornsby next
| >stop all out or change"..
|
| Simple errors of judgement which are the result of both poor staff
selection
| (subject to EEO 'filters' as I like to call them), and poor training
| programs.
|
| You'd be surprised how many new guard (and drivers too) who cannot
interpret
| working timetables correctly. In a way it's not surprising because they
are
| not laid out in a simple fashion like the public timetables. It takes some
| time to get used to looking in up to handfull of different sections just
| follow your train through a single run and work out the stopping pattern,
| running times, etc..
|
| Regards,
|
| Craig.
|
| --
|             Craig Ian Dewick            |       Stand clear - jaws closing
|  Send email to craigd@lios.apana.org.au |  Visit my Australian rail
transport
|    Professional Train Driver, Cityrail  |      and rail modelling web
site:
|        and HO scale rail modeller       |
http://lios.apana.org.au/~craigd