Guard announcements

I find that the announcement made by guards in the Sydney Metro
area to be garbled and cannot understand most of them. I know
that they stand talking to a grill in the wall which would be
difficult - surely they get training in announceing. I think
that the equipment they  use would leave  much to be desired
also. I don't blame the guards at all - in fact I have found
them to be very helpful on the whole.
 Rgds Ian.