Re: 3801/30 to ararat

Years ago when Double headed R's ran to Geelong during the school holidays, the
train peaked at a speed "above" 115 Km/h.

I can tell you now, many of those 'chasing' it were delayed whilst giving their
personal details to the Constabulary.

In fact, I believe (I was on the train watching from the windows) that the
Princes Freeway was quite profitable for the Victorian police that day.

Remember also, that being a long weekend, police would be concentrating on
everything, not just the route of a steam special.

--
Thanks,

Tony Gatt.

  How do I set my Laser printer to "Stun"?

Personal Website: http://homepages.tig.com.au/~baulko/
Railway Website:   http://www.railpage.org.au/railpix/