Re: [QLD] Brisbane Airport Railway - baggage handling

In article <8e0eu9$69r$1@bunyip.cc.uq.edu.au>,
  "RODS" <rods42@hotmail.com> wrote:
> "Official" details of proposed services are at
> http://www.transfield.com.au/brisairportraillink/servfr.htm
>
> It seems that every second train will stop: Airport, Brunswick St,
Central,
> Roma St, Sth Brisbane.
Will they turn around at South Brisbane??

> Every other train will continue to Robina.
>
> Perhaps this means that existing Gold Coast services (generally Bowen
> Hills - Robina, express Sth BNE to Beenleigh) will be re-timetabled
and run
> Airport - Robina?? I think this is a very sensible idea, considering
that
> IMUs are already available (with luggage racks) and that Brisbane is
the
> closest international visitors can get to the Gold Coast (unless
taking a
> flight into Sydney, then Coolangatta, for instance).
>
> One thing I think may have been overlooked is the vast numbers of
people who
> will want to go to Surfers Paradise. Will there be suitable bus
tranfers
> from Nerang/Helensvale (with luggage storgae space)?
Translink bus have a luggage space.

>Maybe private operators
> will step in to do this - there is definately room for them at Nerang
with
> space in the bus interchange for 12 buses.
How about a branch from Helenvale to South Port/Surfers Paradise/Board
Beach and rejoin the line at Coolangatta??:-) yes! no doubt it would be
expensive but the huge population along the coast line ensure the
feasibility of this branch. How much would it cost is this line ever
build? 1 billion$ as I assume it will go underground most of the time ?

--
Cheers

James

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/