Re: [QLD] Brisbane Airport Railway - baggage handling

"Official" details of proposed services are at
http://www.transfield.com.au/brisairportraillink/servfr.htm

It seems that every second train will stop: Airport, Brunswick St, Central,
Roma St, Sth Brisbane.

Every other train will continue to Robina.

Perhaps this means that existing Gold Coast services (generally Bowen
Hills - Robina, express Sth BNE to Beenleigh) will be re-timetabled and run
Airport - Robina?? I think this is a very sensible idea, considering that
IMUs are already available (with luggage racks) and that Brisbane is the
closest international visitors can get to the Gold Coast (unless taking a
flight into Sydney, then Coolangatta, for instance).

One thing I think may have been overlooked is the vast numbers of people who
will want to go to Surfers Paradise. Will there be suitable bus tranfers
from Nerang/Helensvale (with luggage storgae space)? Maybe private operators
will step in to do this - there is definately room for them at Nerang with
space in the bus interchange for 12 buses.

Cheers
RODS

"Dave Proctor" <daproc@spambait.ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
3RKM4.182$t72.310533@news0.optus.net.au">news:3RKM4.182$t72.310533@news0.optus.net.au...
> "Barry Campbell" <campblbm@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
> _pCM4.10986$5D.23568@ozemail.com.au">news:_pCM4.10986$5D.23568@ozemail.com.au...
> >
> > Dave Proctor wrote in message ...
> > <snip>
> > >
> > >Dunno about this one, but they will be operating IMU's, which I have
> never
> > >been on. Do IMU's have luggage racks? Or will you place them on seats
and
> > in
> > >floorways (given they will be dedicated trains, I can't imagine they
will
> > be
> > >packed to the rafters with people getting on and off everywhere).
> > >
> > IMUs have overhead luggage racks as well as some racks near the doors.
As