Re: Stand Clear

Ha ha, yes it does sound a little patronising if you have to listen to it
for a while. I think Charles 'Bud' Tingwell (from The Wog Boy, the Castle,
et al) would make an excellent mechanical man. I think he has the golden
voice and he'd make you feel really good about 'standing clear'!!!!

Actually, I've always wondered why he (the EXISTING mechanical man) keeps
telling us we're on the Ipswich line - "THIS is an IPSWICH train <long
pause>. Stop-ping at AWWLL stations". Surely if you are leaving from Roma St
he could say it once maybe just before Milton in case someone has somehow
got on the wrong train, but is there any need to keep repeating it all the
way down the line? If you get on at any station from Milton and after then
what other line could you be on?

:-) RODS

38FCF27D.70D1D2@powerup.com.au">news:38FCF27D.70D1D2@powerup.com.au...