Stand Clear

I was recently on a Sydney train which played the "stand clear Door closing" message, I gather from the discussion
threads that I have managed to find, that there seems to be an aversion to this by some of the rail staff, why ?

When the guard  bothers to actually make the announcement himself which is roughly 50% of the time, it nearly
impossible to understand their garbled speech in any case.

 At least on the train that I was on I could hear what was being said clearly, though I think it would be an advantage
to be able to hear it outside the train as well as within the carriage.
Will every train be getting this facility ?
Is there some likelihood that the message will be played outside the train as well as in the carriage ?
If  it is possible to make the "Door closing" announcement can it also announce stations, destinations and stopping
patterns as well ?
Why is there a union ban on this new facility at the moment ?

( Re: "The Railway Rasputin II" <bob@fastlink.com.au> wrote in message
>> What do you want to know?
>> Most of the Surburban non Tangara roling stock has been done but is not
>> "turned on".
It's still subject to a union ban.)

Anyone have any answers to my curiosity ?