Re: Stand Clear

RODS wrote:

> Come ride a Citytrain in sunny Brisbane and hear our mechanical man. He
> always does his announcements in a most beautiful voice, like the woman who
> says "Previously on E.R." on the telly, only it's a guy's voice - and he
> sounds so interested by it all!

That's Rob Brough, the chap who used to do Family Feud. He always sounds
like a pantomime actor to me.

"The next station is ... Murrarie! Clap your hands three times if you
love Murrarie, too!"

> He does a really invigorating "<bing-bong-sound> Doors closing <short-pause>
> please stand clear", as if to say "Wow the doors are about to close and off
> we'll go - how jolly exciting!!"

That's the Brisbane Channel 7 announcer chap. Very mellifluous.

I'd like to hear announcments down by the SBS fellow. It'd be nice to
hear "Murrarie" and think "Chocolate Sex", instead of "Huge White
Wharehouse".

> For your listening pleasure (from QROTI):

> Cheers

Rob K