Re: Stand Clear

james_ccj@my-deja.com (James C.) wrote in <8dhtt8$nq9$1@nnrp1.deja.com>:

>Highly enthusiasm: Hillside trains
>
>A guy would tell the time, the weather tell everyone to sit back and
>relax thanks for travelling Hillside trains and cheer up his fellow
>tired passengers. Usually speak with highly engergetic voice. He
>usually drives express services both in the morning and afternoon.
>The way he doing announcement is almost like a flight capitain, but
>what the heck passengers love him...always brings his fellow passengers
>smile.

I think this is the same person who says "law-la" instead of lalor.

>Sick of doing annoucements: Counrtylink Melbourne-Sydney XPT
>
>This train will be stopping
>at "BenallaWangarrattaAlburyCulcairnHentyTheRockWaggaWaggaJuneeCootamund
>raYassJunctionGoulburnMossvaleCambelltownStrathfieldSydneyterminal" He
>read all these stops within 3 seconds!!!!

And don't forget to search beneath your seat for personal effects. In the
intererests of the environment, please do not shove your cardboard tray
into the bins at the end of the car, as you will clog up the bins, instead
keep the trays and reuse them when visiting the snack bar. Once again,
don't forget about your personal effects!

>Sick of doing annoucement2: Gympie North-Roma Street service
>
>very very tired voice: BOOOWeennn Hilllllll,BOOOWweeeennn Hiiiillll
>station.....(very long pause) passenger fooooorr theeee
>FFFFeeerrrrnnnyy Grrooovvvveeee lllliinneeee pleasssse  chaannnge train
>heeeerreee

Or in Hillside terms, "Hurstbridge train. Express to Clifton Hill. Stops
all stations to Hurstbridge".

>Unexpereince(shy perhaps??): Hillside trains:
>
>Next station is......(long pause) er..... Camberwell....(train already
>stopped) ...(long pause)..er... passengers...for the....er.....Alanmein
>line...(door closing beep)....er...please chage train here...(train
>already left Camberwell!!)

This is the type of driver who lets the sound effects take over, and
pauses...

"Good morning passengers <TOOOT><ding ding ding ding ding {level crossing}>
this is a Flinders Street <clack clack crash clunk clack {passing over the
single compound at Kendington}> train, our next station is north melbourne.
Passengers for the Werribee Williamstown St Albans or Upfield line please
change here, this train will be running via the City <TOOOT> Loop.
Passengers for any other train service and Spencer Street, please change at
Flagstaff, platform 4 is straight across and platform 1 & 2 are on the
upper level. Passengers for services to Epping and Hurstbridge <clatter
clack click bang crash clatter {crossing over the points for Footscray
line}> your train goes from platform 1, passengers for Frankston Cranbourne
Pakenham, your train runs from platform number 2, and passengers for Glen
Wverley, Alamein, Lilydale and Belgrave lines, your train runs from
platform number 4. On behalf of the staff and management of Bayside trains
<squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeal {brakes}> I would like to thakn you for travelling
today".

Then the Comedy driver... this one was discussed close to 12 months ago.

The abusive driver "<long beep - doors opening>okay, now the person who
just forced their way onto this train after i closed the door, leave this
train now. this train will not go anywhere until you are off. it doesn't
bother me, i still get paid to do this".

The informative driver "good evening passengers, we apologise for the delay
at westgarth, this was due to a faulty point motor. i had to go and switch
the points to hand operation to allow this train to move. once again, we
apologise for any inconvenience caused".

Regards

Michael