Re: Cityracket ticket inspectors

"Greg" <gregg@hactrix.co.nz> writes:

>> Not if they are walking towards them (the barriers) and they produce a
>> ticket to enter the paid area. Then a ticket inspector is perfectly
>entitled
>> to check it, given the implication of the passenger's action.

>man .. next you will want them to call at your house and ask to see a ticket
>because they intended to go on a train that day

>incidentally if people paid for a ticket it is no longer the property of
>city rail ...

Actually it is. Tickets *always* remain the legal property of the issuing
authority, just like your driver's license remains the property of the state
authority (in my case the RTA) which issued it, and any electronic banking
card (debit card, credit card, etc.) remains the property of the issuing
bank.

All a train ticket gives you is a temporary 'license' to be using the
services provided by the issuing authority...

Regards,

Craig.
--
            Craig Ian Dewick            |       Stand clear - jaws closing
 Send email to craigd@lios.apana.org.au |  Visit my Australian rail transport