Re: Cityracket ticket inspectors

Vaughan Williams <ender2000@my-deja.com> writes:

>> Not if they are walking towards them (the barriers) and they produce a
>> ticket to enter the paid area. Then a ticket inspector is perfectly
>entitled
>> to check it, given the implication of the passenger's action.

>If they actually have the ticket out, then perhaps the inspector would
>be entitled to check it. However, if it is invalid, the inspector would
>not be able to fine them because they haven't yet committed an offence.

Correct. Can't fault you there.

>If they have no ticket at all, the inspector has no right to molest
>them.

Depends if they attempt to enter the paid area without purchasing a ticket o
r not. And the ticket inspector has every right to ask someone for a ticket
regardless - all the passenger has to say is no, I'm not entering the paid
area yet, and that's the end of it.

Regards,

Craig.
--
            Craig Ian Dewick            |       Stand clear - jaws closing
 Send email to craigd@lios.apana.org.au |  Visit my Australian rail transport