Re: [VIC] Wooden cars at high speed (was: [VIC] Parallel run)

> From: dbromage@fang.omni.com.au (David Bromage)
> Newsgroups: aus.rail
> Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2000 03:17:38 GMT
> Subject: Re: [VIC] Wooden cars at high speed (was: [VIC] Parallel run)
>
> V/Line was running very run down E cars at full speed into the 1980s.
> Today's main line registered E cars have not been in a better condition
> since the 1930s.
>
> Now if you want to feel terrified at high speed, try a PL car at 70mph!
>
> Cheers
> David

Considering God isn't old enough to remember 70MPH PL cars (I think they got
speed reduced around 1980) I assume its another of his "5 divisions of the
Overland" type memory!

But whoever told God about PL's was right, they were FUN at 70MPH!

Mark