Re: Train required for NSW regional tour

In article <8csais$h5q$1@nnrp1.deja.com>,
  james_ccj@my-deja.com wrote:
> In article <lEeI4.307$XM2.571190@news0.optus.net.au>,
>   dbromage@fang.omni.com.au (David Bromage) wrote:
> > David Johnson (trainman@ozemail.com.au) won a Nobel Prize for
> literature by writing:

> promotional tour
> branch

> literature by writing:
> rollingstock hire up
> who wants to

> of this
> >
> > > When did they move Brisbane?  :-)
> >
> > You know what I mean. :)
> >
> > It would be helpful if people think through the requirements before
> making
> > suggestions. I've received three suggestions by email which are
> impossible
> > to achieve.
> >
> > I've also received a number of non-serious suggestions which, while
> > somewhat amusing, aren't very helpful. Yes, it would be fun to do
the
> tour
> > with 1210 hauling PAM11. :)
> >
> > This is a serious proposal on behalf of a corporate client. The
tours
> will
> > receive a considerable amount of publicity for both the promotor and
> > operator. The budget for this exercise is considerable, but does
have
> its
> > limits.
> Did you ask GSR?? they have a few spare sleepers, lounges, dining
cars.

> You asked for :
>
> <<<<<The accomodation requirements would be:
> - sleeping berths for 4-8 people
> - shower(s)
> - kitchen
> - lounge or saloon to be used as office space (240V outlets are
> essential)
>
> A single car meeting all these requirements would be preferred, but
two
> cars would be acceptable if necessary, subject to cost.
>
> A separate power van is acceptable if necessary. Access from other
cars
> to the luggage space would be advantageous.
>
> An additional vehicle may be used for display purposes, subject to
> cost. A luggage van would be appropriate, provided there is access
> between cars (i.e. a box van is not suitable).>>>>>>
>
> I think GSR would be able to met your needs. Their "Chairman class
> carriages" would be good for this job, and GSR's carraiges are
> relatively modern, they would be able to haul by CLs in NSW.
Sorry...typo..... I meant <<<<<DL>>>>>>  of NSW. I'm sure GSR's
carriages would be suitable for this tour.I wonder how much would they
charge for Chairman class with a tour like this??

--
Cheers

James

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/