Re: Train required for NSW regional tour

David Johnson (trainman@ozemail.com.au) won a Nobel Prize for literature by writing:
> David Bromage wrote:

> > This is a call for expressions of interest to provide a promotional tour
> > train to run around regional NSW in 2001. This will include most branch
> > lines in NSW and Brisbane.

> > Dean Stalker (dstalker2000@hotmail.com) won a Nobel Prize for literature by writing:
> > > Good luck on finding the money for any track access and rollingstock hire up
> > > here in Queensland. QR are charging a small fortune to anyone who wants to
> > > run anything out of the ordinary on their tracks.
> >
> > You'll note from the original posting that Queensland is not part of this
> > plan.

> When did they move Brisbane?  :-)

You know what I mean. :)

It would be helpful if people think through the requirements before making
suggestions. I've received three suggestions by email which are impossible
to achieve.

I've also received a number of non-serious suggestions which, while
somewhat amusing, aren't very helpful. Yes, it would be fun to do the tour
with 1210 hauling PAM11. :)

This is a serious proposal on behalf of a corporate client. The tours will
receive a considerable amount of publicity for both the promotor and
operator. The budget for this exercise is considerable, but does have its
limits.

Cheers
David