Re: MELB AUST trams [ was Putting light rail in subway

"Aidan Stanger" <stang@track73.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
1e8u3l7.z4l0gl1gbgjmqN@modem-221.elrohir.dialup.pol.co.uk">news:1e8u3l7.z4l0gl1gbgjmqN@modem-221.elrohir.dialup.pol.co.uk...
> Daniel Bowen <dbowen@#DELETE#custard.net.au> wrote:
> > Banning parking and putting in a Fair Way (tram only lane), even just in
> > peak hours would be much cheaper. Parking's already banned in peak hours
> > anyway.

> It was the East Burwood line I was referring to, but not just that
> section of Bridge Road. The tram seemed to be going rather slowly all
> through the inner suburbs, though of course some parts were slower than
> others. I don't know exactly where the slowest bits were, partly because
> I didn't have a map, and partly because during the journey it got dark!

Probably Riversdale Road, between Camberwell Junction and Hawthorn
depot/Power Street. That's quite busy at times.
See http://www.yarratrams.com.au/timetable/ebur/map.htm for a map.

Daniel
--
Daniel Bowen, Melbourne, Australia