Re: [Vic] Alamein Line

But Australia Post have removed part of the suburb of Chadstone, and that
part of what was Chadstone is now in East Malvern. My 1984 Melways shows
that the suburb once encompassed the shopping centre and the site of
Waverley Road station.

Cheers
John Wayman

38ef0490@pink.one.net.au">news:38ef0490@pink.one.net.au...

<38eee3a5$0$6528@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au>...

> >If it still existed today, this station would probably have been renamed
> >Chadstone, as the site is very close to this major shopping centre.
>

> It might be worth noting here that the Chadstone Shopping Centre is not
> actually in Chadstone! It's in Malvern East on the northern side of
> Dandenong Road - crossing the highway, you come into Oakleigh. The
> south-western corner of Chadstone (according to my 1998 UBD directory) is
> about 300 metres to the east of the eastern extremity of the mall where an
> unnamed creek crosses Warrigal Road. The site of Waverley Road railway
> station would have been even further away from the suburb of Chadstone!
>
> Then again, a thing I notice about Melburnian's geographical identity is
> that their defintion of a suburb is much more fluid than it is here in
NSW.