The Glenelg tram line, Adelaide's only
remaining tram line, runs from King William St in
central Adelaide south-west to Glenelg Beach. It runs
for the most part within its own right-of-way, having been in the past
a 1600 mm gauge heavy rail line. It was converted to 1435 mm gauge
when the line was changed to tramway operation in 1929.
Adelaide retains other heavy rail public transport lines, and also features
a guided busway (or O-bahn) to the
The Glenelg line tram fleet
consists of about 19 type H trams.