Re: QR okay for Y2K

On Fri, 1 Oct 1999, David Bromage wrote:

> ABC News reports QR suburban trains will run as normal on New Year's Eve
> without fear of Y2K problems. Sydney, Melbourne and Perth will halt
> running over midnight, but Vince O'Rourke says Brisbane will run as
> normal.

AFAIK Melbourne will not be shutting down over midnight.
Hillside and Bayside have both completed their Y2K testing.
e.g.  A few months ago, a 3 car Comeng ran all night for testing.
(Presumably clocks/dates were put forward for the test run)

In fact, on NYE an all night service will run on all train and tram
routes, with double frequency (every 15 mins) from midnight until 2am(?).

The very-informative-and-always-correct Herald Sun told me that
most taxis will not be servicing the city, only suburban railway stations.

Who is Vince O'Rouke?  Is he a politician? ;-)

Gareth.

 Gareth Lumsden     s9763278@minyos.its.rmit.edu.au    glums112@yahoo.com
 Gareth's Railway Web Page        http://minyos.its.rmit.edu.au/~s9763278