Re: Time Wasting Puzzle - Longest Broad Gauge Trip

On Thu, 30 Sep 1999 23:07:47 +1000, Chris Brownbill
<cbrnbill@enternet.com.au> wrote:

>All right - I'll put my solution up for scrutiny here goes.

[snip]

>50. East Malvern to Hughesdale (South)
>51. Hughesdale to Richmond (North-West)
>52. Richmond to Museum to Flinders Street (Circle)
>53. Flinders Street to St Kilda (South)
>54. St Kilda to Windsor (East)
>55. Windsor to Elsternwick (South)
>56. Elsternwick to Oakleigh (East)
>57. Oakleigh to Moe (East)
[snip]

AFAIK the point of divergence for the outer circle line was at
Hughesdale, as you have described, but the physical junction was at
Oakleigh.  I think ... in which case you will have passed through
Oakleigh twice.

However - a nice itinerary, I must admit.

Cheers...JD