Re: Lines never opened

No Craig they actually did exploritary digging at the Down end of the goods
yard, digging a cutting (I assume to go under the Freeway, or maybe to find
foundations for a bridge?), it was only about 100 yards long, its since been
filled in.

Bob.

Craig Haber <albatross@harnessnet.com.au> wrote in message
37F36390.EF631774@harnessnet.com.au">news:37F36390.EF631774@harnessnet.com.au...
> G'day,
>
> Exnarc wrote:
>
> > Doncaster (never built but work started at Victoria Park).
>
> A query - what work was done at Victoria Park?  I think this got a mention
on
> this group a while back, and I wondered about it then too....
> I recall when flicking through old VicRail staff mags I found an article
where
> the line was deviated at the down end across an embankment while the
Eastern