Re: NT govt may scuttle Darwin rail

< Tell > <telljb@OZozemail.com.au> wrote in message
37f963e4.19812909@news.ozemail.com.au">news:37f963e4.19812909@news.ozemail.com.au...
> "Exnarc" <gwrly@netspace.net.au> wrote:
>
> > I can't remember any Labor Government that was prepared to waste money
on
> > this white elephant.
>

> You had better check with your mate, Bean Bag Beasley.
>
> ----Terry Burton
> [clear OZ in address for email reply]

Better to be a bean bag than a weasle like Reith.

Anyway its fact how many times have the Liberals thrown up the Alice Darwin
Railway as an election bribe just before a NT or SA election, only to
conveniently drop it after the election. I'll agree that had Fraser been re
elected in 1982(?) it might have got off the ground, but that was the last
time the Libs treated it seriously other than to suck in the rednecks up
your way.

(I'm not implying YOUR a redneck, so don't get offended).

Its a con they will never build this railway because its not going to return
any money on its investment. There is nothing up there, (yet) to support the
cost. Lets not get back to the export of goods to Asia via Darwin, or
defence, we have seen in the latter that they can move (what isn't aready in
the NT) in by air quicker than any road or rail line could do.

Regards from Beanbag Beasley's mate Bob.