Re: Three Position Signalling

: Once the first vehicle passes the signal, although at some locations the
: signal would remain at caution until the lever was put back in the frame,
: Dandenong was one of these locations (3 position target Dwarfs in this
: case).

Is that still the case at Dandenong.  There are still the mechanical
(motor) dwarfs there, but now a panel not the power frame.
Do they show Clear Low Speed, or only Low Speed Caution?

What about the dwarf at Spotswood?  Was that another of the three
position motor dwarfs which only showed stop and low speed caution?

Are there any mechanical three position dwarfs left? (Ie wire pull ones)
or was the ones at Ringwood the last.

Is Dandenong (and Spotswood) the only places left with working motor
operated dwarfs?

: There are a lot of locations with Repeating Signals other than when going
: from a 2 position to a 3 position area.

: The arm would be Yellow, the only one I've heard about was on the Maldon
: line. (Seen a photo, it went many years ago).

Was that a photo of the two armed repeater? (Post Y, at Maldon Junction)

I have drawn a few diagrams of repeating signals on my page, have a look
at:
http://www.ecr.mu.oz.au/~cmgord/trains/signalling/about/3ps.html

--

Chris Gordon