Re: Hornsby resignalling

Tony Gatt <baulko@tig.com.au> wrote in message
37F03D5B.85A20656@tig.com.au">news:37F03D5B.85A20656@tig.com.au...

> > a. To replace allegedly life-expired signalling equipment, e.g. a
> > pistol-grip interlocking frame about 70 years old.

> Which is possibly far superior to the CBI that will be installed.
> Certainly more reliable..

Hornsby is getting a shiny new SSI, so if one processor dies, the other 2 keep
on going.  Ringwood, AFAIK only has a single WESTRACE, so if it dies, everything
is disarranged.  WESTRACE installations in NSW are actually duplicated, so the
failure of a single WESTRACE unit doesn't bring everything to a screaming halt.

I guess NSW Signal Engineers must have a bit more clout over the Accountants
than in Victoria. |-)

--
Mr Notagunzel.
Rail Transportation Connoisseur.