Re: BK cars

Christopher_Martin GORDON <cmgord@ecr.mu.oz.au> wrote in message
7sn754$mp6$1@mulga.cs.mu.OZ.AU">news:7sn754$mp6$1@mulga.cs.mu.OZ.AU...

> Thanks, what is the seating layout?
> Like with BW's you have 1&8 asle, 4&5 window.

Saloon, Center Aisle, 2 + 2 facing seats, car broken into 2 by toilets in the
middle.

As you can probably gather, they aint my preferred meothod of Rail
Transportation Connoisseuring, but I will just have to put up with them. |-)

> They will be used (3 cars) on the F class trip in the sidings on Oct 3rd.
> I think the reason for using them is because they have low steps and
> the sidings don't have platforms.

This 'operator' of this trip is actually Wally Rail, oops West Coast (g'day
C.H.), and the BK are their 'excursion' car.

> Also where is/are the indpendent goods line(s)?

As far as I'm concerned, they start at Viaduct Junction, (aka Spencer St No.2
box, aka Up end of Spencer St) run parallel to the rest of the lines, as far as
North Melbourne, dribble around the Arrival Sidings, past Spion Kop, down to
South Kensington, 'round the back of the ex box at SKN, up to Sims St Jct,
become Dual Gauge, through Bunbury St, up to West Footscray, where they fling
the SG, around Tottenham Yard, and finally down into Sunshine.

How far will the F get before it fails? |-)

--
Mr Notagunzel.
Rail Transportation Connoisseur.