Re: Long platforms

Roderick Smith <rodsmith@werple.net.au> wrote in message
01bf062c$538647a0$f72d11cb@rodsmith">news:01bf062c$538647a0$f72d11cb@rodsmith...
> Vacillating station naming is a problem.
>
> Way back the sg station was Perth Terminal (with East Perth suburban
> station).

True. Before or during the Standard Gauge Project the old East Perth station
where the Armadale line swung off (not the one you mention) was renamed
Claisebrook and remains so. A new ng suburban station was built at the Perth
Terminal site and named East Perth. At the same time the sg IP/Prospector
terminal was built next to it and named Perth Terminal.

Only a few years ago if that, Perth Terminal was renamed East Perth Terminal
on platform signboards (after all, it's in East Perth, not Perth). The
adjacent ng station remains East Perth.

> The former station became Perth City.

Yes, it is still that. The ng Australind diesel service has its own dock
there. I think there are no wires above it, if so it's the only road without
wires at Perth City.

> I believe that the news item cited by Neil was wrong.

Must be the case, yes.

cheers
Neil