Re: Long platforms

Roderick Smith <rodsmith@werple.net.au> wrote in message
01bf056c$36a5b6e0$df2d11cb@rodsmith">news:01bf056c$36a5b6e0$df2d11cb@rodsmith...
> Perth (WA, Australia): 762 m
>
> AFAIK Perth Terminal really is 762 m (holding 33 carriages).  When it was
> built, regular double-set operation was envisaged; at the time a standard
> set had 13 vehicles.

The newspaper report I quoted said 670 m. Where does that number comes from?
BTW the signs say East Perth Terminal now.

Would Kalgoorlie's platform have had ng and sg trains on opposite faces?
Never seen it but it sounds logical so people could change straight over
from the Perth-Kal ng train (name?) to the Trans-Australian sg.

cheers
Neil GERACE