Re: DOO In Sydney?

WhaleOilBeefHooked wrote:

> Get real - in Sydney, we are talking about drivers cabs on half the fleet -
> that is over 1000 cabs. We are also talking about cameras at every station -
> all 300 of them? Then there is the problem of interference between
> platforms - what if you have a situation like North Sydney, platform 2 and
> 3, with both trains leaving in the up direction, so the transmitters would
> bahe to be at the Sydney end of the platfrom for both platforms. The chances
> of a train picking up an erroneous signal are too great. (I know, it SHOULD
> be apparent to the driver that he or she is looking at the wrong side, but
> we cannot rely on that).
>
> DaveP

Just a note: When I started school as a 5 y.o we knew a guard he said it
wasn't secure as they were going to get rid of guards. Well I went
thruogh all 13 years of school, did 5 years in a bank, 5 years as a
guard and now am a driver. We still have guards. The new 4gt has guard
stations in them. I still think that there will be guards of some sort
in 10 years time.

rgds