Re: Toorak Station

>The Up Dandy Goods may have shunted there from time to time, however it was
>easier for the Down to shunt as it did not require the set back move onto
>the down line to depart the yard for the up journey, also in those days the
>Up goods quite often did not arrive back at Toorak until very late in the
>day.
>
>It was also not unusual for a Warrigul Goods to shunt there to pick up empty
>timber trucks as the yard was electrified.

Yep, at least on of my sojourns up the hill was behind an E class.  I
don't have any records, but most of my trips on the roadside were made
on Saturdays.

JD

John Dennis                         jdennis@acslink.net.au
Melbourne                                  denjo02@cai.com
Australia                   Home of the Dutton Bay Tramway
DBT URL:       http://www.acslink.net.au/~jdennis/dbt.html