Re: Tram Announcements: another Victorian election conspiracy theory

Ben Thomas <ben@unico.com.au> wrote in message
37E0174E.2A967D91@unico.com.au">news:37E0174E.2A967D91@unico.com.au...
> Dave McL wrote:
> >
> > Michael Walker wrote:
> > This might be "sinister" if the ticket actually recorded the identity of
> > the holder. However if the technology was used to show each boarding
> > using each ticket, it could be an invaluable tool in measuring travel
> > patterns with a view to improving services.
>
> You mean with a view to cutting services that are profitable enough.
>
> --
> Ben Thomas - Melbourne, Australia
> 23 - '98 Nissan Pulsar SLX sedan - PGI 235
> PESSIMISM   - Every dark cloud has a silver lining, but lightning
> kills hundreds of people each year who are trying
> to find itHi Ben and others.  In regard to what you said re cutting
services that are profitable. I should remind everybody that the protocol is
already in place to prevent any axing of services.  The situation is if one
of the tram companies want's to cut a service which isn't profitable they
need to get approval from the Directorate of public transport.

Cheers Christopher.