Re: ARTC track speeds up and down on the Vic main west

On Thu, 09 Sep 1999 21:46:57 +1000, David Langley <del@ancc.com.au>
wrote:

>Krel wrote:
>
>> However the PTULD has placed a PIN notice on the increases (reverting
>> to the status quo) due to infrastructure problems, mostly signal
>> sighting and lack of distant signals.
>
>Aren't the signals at the loops between Manor and Tatyoon actually point
>indicators. That would mean that we would have distant point indicators.
>Not so silly when you consider that Emu Loop has a repeater for the switch
>stand at the down end and CRT Siding has repeaters for the Switch Locks.
>
>Aside from that, is there any progress with getting these signals
>recognised as such - home signals - or is still at a stalemate?

Hot rumour is that ARTC will reclassify these as Absolute Signals, not
Homes and not point indicators.  Welcome to the new railway ;-).

Cheers

Krel

VGR website http://www.castlemaine.net.au/~vgr/

Waxy Wary Zany Zebu