Re: Labor's Transport Policy (Vic)

WhaleOilBeefHooked <daproc@spambait.umpires.com> wrote in message
7raphj$1lg$1@news1.mpx.com.au">news:7raphj$1lg$1@news1.mpx.com.au...
> Christopher_Martin GORDON <cmgord@ecr.mu.oz.au> wrote in message
> 7rafgq$hf6$1@mulga.cs.mu.OZ.AU">news:7rafgq$hf6$1@mulga.cs.mu.OZ.AU...
>
> > We have had "prime time premium trains" for the people of Mitcham for
> about
> > a year now, the reason for these trains is to keep the people of Mitcham
> > happy.  It is the seat in Melbourne with the highest public transport
use
> > and (the main reason) the libs lost it in a bi-election to labour.  They
> > want it back.
>
> Only in "prime time" though? I presume you mean peak hours?

Kind of, leaving the city at 6:59pm and 7:17pm. The peak hour trains run
almost the same, stopping all stations from about 20kms out of the city
(Richmond-Box Hill). Prime time trains skip every second station for about 6
further stations, not really saving much time.(Box Hill to Ringwood)

> On the Penrith line, there is an hourly super-express train to the Central
> (from the mountains) and two express trains per hour. There is also the
> half-hourly slow train (all to Lidcombe, with some missing Toon, Pendle
Hill
> and Wenty). These operate all day, seven days per week.

We'd be lucky to get anything like that. :(