Re: Labor's Transport Policy (Vic)

: > > What are flyer trains? (do they fly? =)
: >
: > To hazard a guess - they would be expresses to the outer suburbs, to cut
: > down travel times for those folk.

: Gee whiz, that would be an improvement - maybe we should introduce them in
: Sydney. Hang on, we did that 20 years ago on most lines.

We have had "prime time premium trains" for the people of Mitcham for about
a year now, the reason for these trains is to keep the people of Mitcham
happy.  It is the seat in Melbourne with the highest public transport use
and (the main reason) the libs lost it in a bi-election to labour.  They
want it back.

--

Chris Gordon
http://www.ecr.mu.oz.au/~cmgord