Re: melb/other places - faster links - how ?

this is as good as some of the promises that the nsw goverment has made such
as a fast train to newcastle but we dont think that this idea will happen in
my life time as this is a anther pork barrel trick
Andrei Souprounovich <s9505836@minyos.its.rmit.edu.au> wrote in message
37D74677.EF46949E@minyos.its.rmit.edu.au">news:37D74677.EF46949E@minyos.its.rmit.edu.au...
> from ALP vic website:
>
> Rail
>
> A Bracks Labor Government will:
>
> Commit $25 million for a fast rail
> upgrade to Ballarat - with the aim of
> cutting travel between Ballarat and
> Melbourne to under 60 minutes.
>
> Commit $20 million for a Rapid Transit
> Link from the city to Melbourne Airport -
> cutting travel time to 15 minutes.
>
> Commit $20 million for a fast rail link
> to Geelong - cutting travel time to 45
> minutes.
>
> Commit $20 million for a fast rail
> upgrade to Bendigo - aiming for an eighty
> minute link to Melbourne.
>
> Commit $15 million to the upgrade of the
> Traralgon line.
>
> "For the first time in our state's
> history - our great provincial cities
> will be properly joined to Melbourne," Mr
> Bracks said.
>
> How would one speed up bendigo/melb connection? I've travelled on it, and
it
> seems to be a good connection.
>
> Also; I've read the Melb Airport Rail Link Proposal by Dept of
Infrastructure,
> and the authors conclude that the fastest/cheapest combination is the
Barry rd