Re: 'Australian Railway Enthusiast'

Forster Family Inc <noelmel@wantree.com.au> wrote in message
7r88dt$1hg$1@centipede.wantree.com.au">news:7r88dt$1hg$1@centipede.wantree.com.au...
> Some time has elapsed since I posted a message of complaint about the
> standard of this 'magazine'.
> I would expected some response from either the editorial staff or the ARE
> board members but alas and alack no answer came the stern reply. Obviously
> they are still steaming along in the eighties.
> The only responses came from senior ( I mean that in the nicest possible
way
> because at 47 I must also be considered 'senior') members of the railfan
> fraternity. I have been a member of the ARE since 1968 and come December I
> must consider my options on renewal and having 4 less magazines a year may
> free up some of my burgeoning bookshelf space.
> I think our next step is convey a letter of protest to the 'editor' about
> the standard of the 'magazine' by the eighties method i.e. in a letter
with
> a stamp on it!
>
> Regards
>
> NMF
>
> Why so much fuss for a magazine that costs $4.95 a 1/4 ?
So the editor let the mail page run on abit,obviously there where
conflicting opinions on what speed the fastest steam loco could do,etc
etc,and he was giving his subscribers a chance to debate the issue.
Don't forget folks that just cause we all sit around here pumping our gums
does not mean the whole world is doing it the same way.[Yet]
And why get upset because the magazine does not have an e-mail address,maybe
the can not afford it seeing as its the members subs pay for the whole set
up.If you feel you have a valid criticism put it in an envelope addressed to
the editor stick a 45 cent stamp on it and post it to him ala David Langley
to Newsrail.
They don't run all that many well paying fan trips these days[free loading
motor caders saw to that] so I would imagine the whole set up is fairly shoe
string affair.
And yes being a volunteer does not get any easier,when your expected to
uphold such high professional standards and still have a life away from your
hobby.

Lineman