Re: Uncompleted Railways

The Kinnears <ellen316@primus.com.au> wrote in message
936745471.587477@diddley.primus.com.au">news:936745471.587477@diddley.primus.com.au...
> the st albans line is suposed to be elictrified to make watergardens more
> accessable but...i don't think so

>From what I understand the Sydenham electrification project is supposed to
have started, but I'm not sure.  I also believe they plan on moving Sydenham
station closer towards St. Albans, which I believe is ridiculous.  The
current Sydenham station is perfectly located for the surrounding suburbs
and for Watergardens Shopping Centre.  It is a far better solution to
electrify the rail line to Sunbury, and add additional stations between
Sydenham and St. Albans to serve Keilor Downs, Taylors Lakes, Delahey and
Kings Park; plus a station for Calder Park raceway, industrial and
residential estates.

Funny.  I'm sure I've heard of this idea before ...