Re: NRC & Douglas Park

In <7vguvk$d51$1@metro.ucc.usyd.edu.au> matthew@mail.usyd.edu.au (Matthew Geier) writes:

> I went though there are on the way to Thirmere on Saturday. Mostly cleaned up
>but there were a lot of wheel sets about and a few broken bogie frames. The
>thing that really caught by eye was a bogie that appeared to be from one
>of those articulated container flats, with one wheel sitting in the middle
>of the axle instead of the end where it should be.
> If that wheel had came adrift before the wagon derailed.....

That is apparently the cause of the whole thing (at least according to
information I have received). The vehicle to which that truck was attached
is the one that derailed on the emergency crossover causing the following
half dozen or so vehicles to go with it.

Regards,

Craig.

--
            Craig Ian Dewick            |       Stand clear - jaws closing
 Send email to craigd@lios.apana.org.au |  Visit my Australian rail transport