Re: NRC & Douglas Park

> There seems to be some mis-understanding of the role of RAC and DOT. Each
> operator  is required to have there own standards for mantenance of rolling
> stock,these are layed out in the accreditation documents, which must be
> approved by DOT and any railway owner (RAC) on which they operate on. It is up
> to the operator to keep to there own standards and the DOT only ensure you do
> maintain these standards. The DOT inspectors do exist and do carry out regular
> inspections, but I think they can carry out on the spot audits aswell.
>
> Dave Malcolm

I can assure you that DOT inspectors were present at Douglas Park. (As I was). They have very
strong powers of investigation, audit etc.

Sorry I cannot confirm the cause at this stage "Still under investigation", and that will be the
formal answer  for some time.

--
Bruce L. Greening
bgreeni@ibm.net