On Time Running Guarantees - Are there any? - Was: Country(link?) - try walking instead

Hi

Can any operator (of any mode) guarantee this? Planes, trains and
automobiles (to steal a movie title) run late, are delayed and even (heaven
forbid) crash. If an operator like  GSR had their way, all the trains would
be loco hauled (and slower, no doubt) than CountryLink's current fleet.

Slightly off topic, I'll like to see how an XPT would go over the Nullabor
Plain on a and over to Perth on a tour. That would be good.

Eric
www.webalias.com/erknet