Re: XPT timetable feedback

*I have been asked to pass this on*

Roderick Smith wrote:

> > Sydney Central is hardly central to Sydney: Parramatta is.

 Sydney Terminal is in Sydney, Parramatta is a central business district. Lidcombe
is not Central to anyone from the Eastern and Illawarra area.

> > Right now there is considerable boarding at Strathfield and Hornsby.
> >
> > In the case of Melbourne - Sydney, I have one train per day which is not
> > to/from Brisbane, and which does serve Sydney Central.

At 2315 from Sydney.

> > We have other Australian precendents for bypassing the city:
> > Perth (out of town)
> > Port Pirie
> > Adelaide (out of town)
> > Orange (IP)
> > Gympie
> > Maryborough
> > Mackay

And none of these stations are 15 kilometres from town despite the advantages
Lidcombe has with suburban trains stopping there.

Seeing that it is okay for Sydneysiders to go to Lidcombe, lets
build the new Melbourne terminal at Broadmeadows! Same mentality. Think of the
advantages in time you could save by not going into Melbourne. And while your at
it, send the Overland and Ghan over there on a new standard gauge link.

Glenn.