Re: Feedback needed

Glenn at TIG <grjb@ihug.com.au> wrote in message
38182A57.EA9D8E12@ihug.com.au">news:38182A57.EA9D8E12@ihug.com.au...
> It appears in Rodericks plans that Lidcombe is to become the next major
station for Countrylink! In order to make this timetable work, Sydney is to
be essentially abandoned (with the exception of two
> trains) in favour of Lidcombe (or would we call it Sydney West or Sydney
City).  It seems rather odd that if Countrylink would be trying to persuade
passengers with an improved timetable that they
> would be subjecting their clients to a 20 minute suburban train journey
before embarking on their country sojourn. And how attractive it would be to
catch a train out of Sydney Terminal at 2315 for
> stations north. Just the time people want to travel really. Maybe its time
to go back to the drawing board and ask the passengers what kind of a
service they would like, who knows, it might even be at
> times at passengers want to travel :)

Going to the North Coast, an extremely late departure time would be highly
desireable. It enable one to work during the day, go home, shower, etc.
before leaving. It would only work for destinations from Coffs Harbour and
north thereof.

--
DaveProctor
thadocta AT dingoblue.net.au