Re: Feedback needed

It appears in Rodericks plans that Lidcombe is to become the next major station for Countrylink! In order to make this timetable work, Sydney is to be essentially abandoned (with the exception of two
trains) in favour of Lidcombe (or would we call it Sydney West or Sydney City).  It seems rather odd that if Countrylink would be trying to persuade passengers with an improved timetable that they
would be subjecting their clients to a 20 minute suburban train journey before embarking on their country sojourn. And how attractive it would be to catch a train out of Sydney Terminal at 2315 for
stations north. Just the time people want to travel really. Maybe its time to go back to the drawing board and ask the passengers what kind of a service they would like, who knows, it might even be at
times at passengers want to travel :)

> My own design:
> six sets Melbourne - Sydney - Brisbane; two sets Dubbo - Sydney -
> Murwillumbah.  There is provision to interchange between the two pools in
> Sydney, if the 22.00 forms the 23.15 or if the 6.00 forms the 7.10.
> Crosses are rigged for the West Footscray double track, and for Wodonga
> Loop.  An earlier version crossed in the platform at Albury, but I wanted
> the earlier arrival to connect with all evening Victorian services.
>  7.30   11.40                                   20.40   Melbourne                                                       17.30   21.00    7.50
> 10.35   14.45                                   23.45   Albury                                                                  14.25   17.55    4.45
> 12.05   16.15                                    1.15   Junee                                                                   12.55   16.25    3.15
> 17.05   21.15                                    6.15   Campbelltown                                     7.55   11.25   22.15
> 17.35   21.45                                    6.45   Lidcombe                                                                 7.25   10.55   21.45
>                                 22.00   23.15                                   Sydney                                   6.00    7.10
> 18.00                                   23.45    7.10   Hornsby                          5.30                                   10.30   21.20
> 22.40                                    4.40   11.50   Taree                                    0.35                                    5.50   16.40
>  0.20                                    6.20   13.30   Kempsey                         22.55                                    4.10   15.00
>  1.45                                    7.45   14.55   Coffs Harbour   21.30                                    2.45   13.35
>  3.00                                    9.00   16.10   Grafton                         20.15                                    1.30   12.20
>                                                                 12.30                                   Murwillumbah            16.45
>  7.00                                                                   20.10   Brisbane                                                                                                21.30    8.20
>
> Aplogies if the spacing has gone silly in copying out of my storage file.
> This would fit best with a slightly-tinkered Overland:
> Melbourne 21.30; Adelaide 7.40 (current schedule)
> Adelaide 19.45; Melbourne 7.10.
> --
> Regards
> Roderick Smith