Re: 4D (VIC) Update/Good Spots Info requested

: I will be in Melbourne next week and I am wondering about the current status
: of the 4D train (eg is it running?). Also, I would like to know what are the
: best spots for capturing the action in the Melbourne Metro area. I notice
: that after reading the last couple of Newsrail magazines, there seems to be
: easy access to a lot of spots, especially around Dynon.

If you want to see some of the train lines catch the train in the morning
around 8am.  There are some good trains like express trains to Broadmeadows,
Upfield, Werribee and Belgrave.  Then the return trip would be a stopper.

Broadmeadows is just after 8am and runs express FSS-SSS-NME-ESD-GRY-BMS.
Upfield (Gowrie) is just after 8am and about 8:20am and runs express
FSS-SSS-NME-RPK-COB-GOW
Weribee is about 8:25am and runs direct NPT-LAV.
Belgrave train is 9:17am and runs express FSS-RCH-GFE-CAM-BOX-BBN-MCH-RWD-
BOR-UFG-BEG.

If you want to know what all these station codes are look at:
http://www.ecr.mu.oz.au/~cmgord/trains/current/wtt_gen.pdf

--

Chris Gordon
http://www.ecr.mu.oz.au/~cmgord