Re: NSW country rail lines upgrade

In <3810DEE4.79D97FB3@ozemail.com.au> Jonathan Lau <jonlau@ozemail.com.au> writes:

>Yesterday's (22/10) Daily Telegraph had an article about 4 new country
>rail projects in NSW. $ 3 Million have been allocated for:

>- Reopening of a key section of the Moree-Inverell Line.
>- Major upgrades of Cooma-Queanbeyan line.
>- Major upgrades of north western wheat lines.
>- Extended crossing loop at Emerald Hill near Gunnedah.

>Carl Scully said this was part of the Government's policy of reversing
>rural rail line closures.

What they forget to mention was the Demondrille - Blayney line that is also
going to completely re-open now that work on replacing the damaged timber
bridge (at Holmwood I think?) is underway.

Lets just hope that the re-opened lines generate enough traffic to warrant
the re-opening, and heaven forbid, we might actually see *new* passenger
services operating on some of the lines! 8-)

Regards,

Craig.
--
            Craig Ian Dewick            |       Stand clear - jaws closing
 Send email to craigd@lios.apana.org.au |  Visit my Australian rail transport